Prof.Dr.M.Chandrasekar M.D., D.A., Ph.D., FAIMS
Head of the Department, Physiology.
MEENAKSHI MEDICAL COLLEGE & RESEARCH INSTITUE
- Vice Principal, Professor & HOD, Dept of Physiology and Chairman of the Medical education unit, Meenakshi Medical College Hospital & Research Institute.
- NAAC streaming committee coordinator of MAHER university.
- UG -MBBS at Stanley Medical College.
- PG- MD – at Madras Medical College.
- PG- DA at Kilpauk Medical College.
- PhD- Doctorate in Anaesthesia in MMC.
- Over 30 years of Teaching Experience.
- Member of the Vision 2015 of MCI India and also faculty member of education cell of FIME, MCI and FAIMER.
- Strives for excellence in Medical Education.
- Presently the Secretary of Independent Medical Practitioners Association of India (FCIP) and also the President, Association of Physiologist of Tamilnadu (APT).
- Received the Outstanding Service award” in Silver Category from Indian Association of Biomedicine and Physiology in 2015 September.
- “Best Teacher” award from the prestigious T.N. Dr. M.G.R Medical University in 2011.
- Best Researcher cum Teacher award from Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education and Research (MAHER) for the year 2012-13.
- Received “Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award” for outstanding achievement and contribution in the field of research by the International business council in the year 2014.
- Excels in innovative Teaching Medical Concepts with new e-learning methods using information and communication technology and a resource person for E-learning for various workshops conducted by MCI all over India.
- Active member of the research council of MAHER University and M.G.R. Medical University and at present guiding 6 Ph.D Candidates in various disciplines. Successfully guided 9 Ph.D scholars.
- Member of various educational committees of 5 reputed Universities.
- Has over 70 Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals National and Internationally.
- Has received numerous awards - the notable being the Seva Rathna Award, Best Teacher award and 5 Best Paper awards at APPI from 1986 to 2012.
- Winner of the Young Scientist Award for the year 1995 at the Indian Science Congress at Indore in 1999.
- Was Honored with the Fellowship title of Indian Biomedical Society (FAIBS) for his contribution in Medical Physiology in 2003.
- Has written and published five Physiology related books and an equal number of Manuals. His Manual on Medical Education Technologies is very popular among the Medical Educationist in India.
- Has organized around 7 National Quiz program and Seminars and over 76 CMEs/ workshops in various Medical colleges.
- Has given around 84 Guest lectures in Basics and Applied Physiology.
- His main field of interest is on – PULMONOLOGY, STRESS PHYSIOLOGY and POLYSOMNO GRAPHY.
- Faculty Of Physiology – 27 Years
- Prof. and HOD - 14 Years
- Dean Incharge – 8 Months
- Vice-Principal – 12 years